Hotel ibis coimbra
- Why choose ibis Coimbra Centro?
- Where to stay in Coimbra?
- How far is the venue from the University of Coimbra?
- Why visit UNESCO heritage Coimbra?
- Where is the University of Coimbra located?
- What is Coimbra like to visit?
- What is Coimbra’s Academic Costume?
- How far in advance should I book University of Coimbra tours?
- What is Coimbra famous for?
- Why the University of Coimbra – Alta and Sofia?
- Do you know these World Heritage Sites you’ve never heard of?
- From awe-inspiring natural wonders to unmatched feats of human engineering, UNESCO’s World Heritage List is your guidebook for the trip of a lifetime. What is UNESCO? UNESCO stands for the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization.
Why choose ibis Coimbra Centro?
Ibis Hotel is perfectly situated in Coimbra next to the Mondego river and park near the old part of the historic city. Breakfast is exceptional, a great selection well arranged and kept fresh … Excellent location! Lock in a great price for Hotel Ibis Coimbra Centro – rated 8.1 by recent guests!
Where to stay in Coimbra?
Hotel Ibis Coimbra Centro overlooks the Mondego River and is 1,000 feet from Coimbra A Train Station. The historical town center of Coimbra is 650 feet away. Free WiFi is available. The air-conditioned rooms at the Ibis Coimbra are simply furnished.
How far is the venue from the University of Coimbra?
It is 600 metres from Palacio Real de Coimbra and a few steps from the university library Biblioteca Joanina. The venue is very close to the old town district of Coimbra and just a stroll from Velha Cathedral.
Why visit UNESCO heritage Coimbra?
UNESCO Heritages Coimbra is a city of History, Romanticism, and Contemporaneity. Discover a millennial history city walking its centuries-old streets and the love stories in the Botanical Gardens trees.
Where is the University of Coimbra located?
/ 40.2074; -8.4265 The University of Coimbra ( UC; Portuguese: Universidade de Coimbra, pronounced [univɨɾsiˈðad (ɨ) dɨ kuˈĩbɾɐ]) is a Portuguese public university in Coimbra, Portugal. First established in Lisbon in 1290, it went through a number of relocations until moving permanently to Coimbra in 1537.
What is Coimbra like to visit?
Coimbra is not the delightful university town depicted. Instead, it is a hostile, unkept anti-tourist place. On the campus of the university, and throughout the town, there are spray painted messages saying we were not welcomed, in one case (verbatim): Dear tourists, go away.
What is Coimbra’s Academic Costume?
One of the most visible and distinctive traditions is the use of the academic costume of the University of Coimbra, a black suit and cape worn on special occasions by the students, which was adopted by other Portuguese universities and is actually used by students of almost all higher education institutions in the city and across the country.
How far in advance should I book University of Coimbra tours?
We recommend booking University of Coimbra tours ahead of time to secure your spot. If you book with Tripadvisor, you can cancel up to 24 hours before your tour starts for a full refund. See all 86 University of Coimbra tours on Tripadvisor