Bbc news ukraine
- What is the UK government doing to help Ukraine?
- How many UK troops are deployed in Ukraine?
- What is Ukraines drone campaign all about?
- How will Ukraine retake the south of the Black Sea?
- How much aid has the UK given to the Ukraine crisis?
- What is the UK government doing to protect Ukrainian refugees?
- What is the UK doing about Russia’s war in Ukraine?
- How can charities help those affected by the conflict in Ukraine?
- Are British troops ready to deploy to the Ukranian border?
- How many UK troops are deployed with NATO?
- What is the UK’s military role in Ukraine?
- What is the UK doing in the Ukraine crisis?
- Is Ukraine’s drone campaign against Russia just beginning?
- How effective are drones against Russia’s TB2 drones?
- How dangerous are drones to the Russian military?
- Will the US sell Gray Eagle drones to the Ukrainian army?
- Will Ukraine’s President Zelensky take back south?
- Can Kiev impose ‘full sovereignty’ over Russia’s Black Sea?
- How many Ukrainian troops will it take to take down Russia?
- What is behind Ukraine’s escalation of conflict with Russia over Crimea?
What is the UK government doing to help Ukraine?
Using the world-class expertise of the British army we will help Ukraine to rebuild its forces and scale-up its resistance as they defend their countrys sovereignty and their right to choose their own future.
How many UK troops are deployed in Ukraine?
Around 1,050 UK service personnel are being deployed to run the programme at sites across the UK - more than 1,000 miles away from the battlefields of the Donbas in eastern Ukraine. The UK-led programme aims to train up to 10,000 Ukrainians in 120 days, but would be open to more, the defence secretary said.
What is Ukraines drone campaign all about?
Mykhailo Fedorov, Ukraines minister of digital transformation, told the BBC via email that the first goal of the campaign was to purchase tactical drones which have a 100-mile range and are equipped with a sophisticated camera, GPS and mapping tools.
How will Ukraine retake the south of the Black Sea?
Ukraine plans a million-strong army equipped with Nato weapons to retake the south of the country from occupying Russians, the defence minister says. Retaking the areas around the Black Sea coast was vital to the countrys economy, Oleksii Reznikov said.
How much aid has the UK given to the Ukraine crisis?
The UK government has pledged another £80 million in aid after Russias illegal invasion of Ukraine. new funding brings total UK support during current Ukraine crisis to £220 million, which includes £120 million of humanitarian aid
What is the UK government doing to protect Ukrainian refugees?
The UK Government must offer safe routes to protection here in the UK, not just to Ukrainian nationals, but to people of all citizenship and nationalities who face grave dangers as the conflict escalates. What does the UK Governments Nationality and Borders Bill mean for refugees from Ukraine?
What is the UK doing about Russia’s war in Ukraine?
The UK and our allies condemn the Russian government’s unprovoked and premeditated war against Ukraine. The UK and our international partners are united in support for Ukraine. The UK government is providing a range of economic, humanitarian and defensive military assistance to Ukraine, and is imposing additional sanctions on Russia and Belarus.
How can charities help those affected by the conflict in Ukraine?
Charities have been calling on the UK government to do more to help those affected by the conflict in Ukraine. Since Russia invaded the country on Thursday thousands of people have left their homes to get to areas where they think they will be safe, while some have seen their homes destroyed.
Is Ukraine’s drone campaign against Russia just beginning?
TB-2s belonging to the Ukrainian air force and navy in recent days have dismantled whole swathes of Russia’s front-line air-defense network and now relentlessly are smashing Russian tanks and supply trucks. And with credible reports that Turkey has sent fresh shipments of drones, it’s possible Kyiv’s drone campaign is just beginning.
How effective are drones against Russia’s TB2 drones?
Bayraktar TB2 UAVs is seen during the test flight at the military base located in Hmelnitski, Ukraine on March 20, 2019. Drones were hailed as a wonder weapon for Ukrainian forces in the early stages of Russias invasion. But experts told Insider that drones are becoming increasingly ineffective as Russia has improved its defense systems.
How dangerous are drones to the Russian military?
A 10-pound drone dropping three-pound explosives obviously poses less danger to Russian forces than does a 1,400-pound TB-2 firing 14-pound Smart Micro Munition missiles from miles away.
Will the US sell Gray Eagle drones to the Ukrainian army?
Ruthlessly effective in the first days of the war, the TB2s have begun to be shot down by Russia, and the Ukrainian army is scaling back their use. Reports have recently emerged that the US is planning on selling Ukraine US-made General Atomics MQ-1C Gray Eagle armed drones, which have greater capabilities than the TB2s.